WE HAVE A WINNER!
For issue 4 of The Mission we got Carl McNeil and his talented rod builder at Swift Fly Fishing, Trevor Bourne, to build us The Green Mamba. A unique, one-off based on the Epic range’s legendary #10, 7′ 9″, three-piece Bandit fibreglass blank, this rod is a thing to behold.
With its flexibility and power in reserve, it self-loads a full line very easily, even with only a little line out. The Bandit blank is designed for muscling hefty fish out of tough situations. Slinging big flies under bridges and off shelves at behemoth kob from the Transkei estuaries to the Breede River? Teasing Okavango barbell-run tigerfish into ambush mode? Enticing the dirty-fighting “Blue Congo” yellowfish out of the bushed-in rivers of Lavushi Manda? Designed to out-punch bad-ass sluggers in tight conditions, The Green Mamba would be anyone’s weapon of choice.
THE GREEN MAMBA SPECS:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reinforced ferule system. Finished in metallic gold green with freaking scales and snake-eye detail!
- High-quality fibreglass rod tube
- Premium hand-sewn rod sock
- Cleaning cloth
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in black finish
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Two premium-quality titanium stripper guides with Japanese SiC inserts
- Swift’s signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one-turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot
We shared it on social media and you guys responded…in your hundreds. Unfortunately, like Highlander, there can only be one and after a random draw overseen by our accountants, the winner is Braam van Niekerk! Lucky doos obviously has snake eyes.
Now before you send him hatemail and build voodoo dolls of his likeness, know this. From what we have seen of his Instagram account he is a fly fisherman so you can soothe your grumpiness in the knowledge that The Green Mamba will be going to a good home. #MoederFokkinNatuurOpHaarMooiste
For another epic rod build from Swift Fly Fishing – Da Riddim Stick – check out issue 5 of The Mission, follow Swift Fly Fishing and The Mission on Instagram and keep an eye out for our posts in order to stand a chance to win.