Have you ever wanted to be a fly fishing guide? Then consider leapfrogging your way into a guiding career by attending Keith Rose-Innes of Alphonse Fishing Co.’s guide intuition classes.
With decades spent guiding and working in the fly fishing industry, Keith Rose-Innes has had an incredible career. Now, in an attempt to share the skills and experiences he has so enjoyed over the years, Keith will be offering guiding ‘intuition’ classes for ambitious would-be guides.
• Eight applicants will be selected for a brief but in-depth introduction to guiding and the skill-set needed.
• There will be no text books or exams as the aim of this class is to select capable candidates through practical guidance.
• The applicant must intend choosing fly fishing as a long-term career with a minimum of a five-year dedication (no gap year applicants).
• Students that qualify will have the opportunity to be placed in a trainee guide position by Keith.
Introduction to Guiding Subjects:
– Guide Ethics
– Code of Conduct
– Guide Skills
– Fly Tying
– Post course qualifications (STCW, First Aid, Captain)
– South African based (Courses take place in Johannesburg)
– 17 (Last year of school) to 35 years-old
– Fly fished for no less than 5 years
– Fluent in English
Keen to become a guide?
Apply for this free mentorship with a short description of your fly fishing experience, qualifications (if applicable) and why you would like to become a fly fishing guide (no more than 450 words).
CLASS DATES BASED OUT OF JOHANNESBURG:
20 July 2019
27 July 2019
03 August 2019