All The Mission Fly Mag print editions and merchandise items are now available for purchase online.
And better news: We now ship all over the world.
About The Mission Fly Mag Issue 21
The last few months have thrown us a curve ball or three as a publication. The biggest headache has been around whether we can print or not.
As always, The Mission Fly Mag is available to read for free online, but due to lockdown restrictions we could not print and distribute our magazine to South African clubs, shops and airports as we would normally do.
Taking all the various factors into account (including the ongoing sustainability of The Mission during this time of economic turmoil), we have decided to take the following route.
If you are a collector of the magazine or simply a fan of what we do and you would like to secure your print copy of issue 21 (a special limited edition with a stunning wraparound cover pictured here) you have two options to choose from:
OPTION 1 – SUPPORT OUR PARTNER STORES
We have sent our select partner stores* their allocation of free magazines. Each of these stores have online stores, so if you buy something from them (e.g. fly tying materials, rods, reels, clothing and other gear), they will include a copy of issue 21 of The Mission in your delivery while stocks last.
* We are sorry if your closest local store is not featured here. It’s nothing personal. These guys support us by advertising with us, so it was a no-brainer that if we were going to go for a limited print run during the Apocalypse, they would receive magazines.
OPTION 2 – SUPPORT THE MISSION DIRECTLY
– You can order a print copy of The Mission Issue 21 directly from our website HERE for R150 a copy.
– Why R150 if The Mission has always been free? Extraordinary times = extraordinary measures. This fee will go towards covering door-to-door courier and admin fees and keeping our dogs fed.
Need More Motivation for Option 2?
One lucky reader will scoop the pot with a triple-whammy prize we have put together that includes:
– 1 x rugged Nixon Ripley watch in gunmetal, with both analogue and digital features (including altimeter, temperature readings, dual chronograph, second timezone and alarm).
– 2 x branded The Mission headwear of your choice (your new lucky caps).
– 3 x cases of beer from And Union, purveyors of fine Bavarian craft beer. With seven beers in their range named after the days of the week and 24 beers to a case, you could be sipping on 72 Sunday Pale Ales, or maybe 48 Friday IPAs and 24 Wednesday Weissessess or an even split of 24 Thursday Black Lagers, 24 Saturday Lagers and 24 (blue) Monday Lagers. Whatever works for your calendar.
Lastly, for what it’s worth, we do hope to return to normal operations as soon as possible, stocking all our usual clubs, shops and airport lounges. That’s the intention. We will just have to see how the rest of 2020 pans out, because so far it’s behaving like a bi-polar grunter.
So, what’s it going to be? Option 1 OR Option 2?