Are you ready to rumble again? Two months have flown past and we’ve got another cracking mag featuring:
- A Q&A with Johann du Preez about The Rewa Rodeo (his film about fishing for Arapaima in Guyana at Rewa EcoLodge), the jungle, spiders and more. Photos by the supremely talented Will Graham (including our cover).
- Slamboo featuring Nick Bowles of Ocean Active Fly, a quiver of Thomas & Thomas Fly Fishing Sextant bamboo rods and three almighty fish.
- Beyond Trout is what happens when you push deeper into the mountains and discover older, bigger, rarer species than our salmonids. Leonard Flemming shows us how.
- Always Choose Shark is Kathryn Fourie’s account of a Natal Scaly clinic run by Kirsty Jane Kyle on the Tugela river at Zingela river camp.
- Leervis in Latin – there are probably four sub-species of garrick out there, but only one scientific name. Our editor falls down a taxonomic wormhole.
- Our High Fives guide profile features Scot De Bruyn, a 16-year veteran of the Seychelles and Norway.
- Our Lifer is Dave Walker, the larger than life owner of Walkerbouts in Rhodes Village.
- We’ve got mushroom Munchies with Charles Standing of the Urban Hunter Gatherer and cracking images by Micky Wiswedel
- Then there’s beats by Fly Fishing Nation (six playlists to be precise), beverages, books, boats and plenty of other chum.
Cover: The Smiley Face of Success.
Photo: Will Graham
From left to right: Johann du Preez taking the photo, Christiaan Pretorius with the fish, Shun Alvin the guide, Carlson research assistant, Winston Edwards head researcher, Davis Edwards guide
There are no reviews yet.